Coronavirus – COVID-19
When travelling on public transport you must wear a fitted face mask covering your nose and mouth and ensure you wear it for your entire journey.
Night Network paused
All night public transport on Fridays and Saturdays will be paused from Friday 20 August to support the 9pm to 5am curfew in metropolitan Melbourne.
This means that trains, trams, buses and V/Line night coaches will not run between 1am and 5am on Saturdays and between 1am and 6am on Sundays.
Major works this spring
As part of Victoria’s Big Build, major works will continue in September, October and November to remove 8 dangerous and congested level crossings and open 6 new stations by the end of spring. The Sunbury Line Upgrade, Metro Tunnel Project, and Regional Rail Revival projects on the Echuca, Seymour, Shepparton, Geelong and Warrnambool lines will also progress.
Our maintenance program will also be upgrading our train, tram and roads infrastructure to keep our network running smoothly now and into the future.
There will be disruptions to the public transport and road networks while these works take place. Be sure to plan ahead and allow extra time.
- Craigieburn line trains will run direct to and from Flinders Street, not via the City Loop from 9pm Friday 10 September to last train Sunday 12 September due to infrastructure works.
Cranbourne and Pakenham Lines
- Buses replace Cranbourne and Pakenham trains between Westall and Cranbourne/Pakenham stations from 8.30pm Friday 10 September to last service Sunday 12 September, due to works.
- Cranbourne and Pakenham trains run direct to and from Flinders Street, not via the City Loop, from 9pm Friday 10 September to last train Sunday 12 September, due to infrastructure works.
- Frankston Line trains will run express through Edithvale, Chelsea and Bonbeach stations which are closed until November 2021. A combined station closure and community shuttle bus will operate between Mordialloc and Carrum to allow passengers to cross the rail line and to connect to Frankston Line trains.
- Buses replace trains between Macleod and Hurstbridge from 8.10pm Monday 30 August to 3.10am Saturday 4 September, due to Hurstbridge Line Duplication works.
- Mooroolbark station is closed from 8.30pm Friday 16 July to Sunday 24 October 2021 to allow for the construction of the new rail bridge and station. Further car park and station changes are in place until early 2022.
- Buses replace trains between Ringwood and Lilydale stations from 8.30pm Friday 10 September to last service Sunday 24 October, due to level crossing removal works.
- Buses replace trains on the Mernda line between Epping and Mernda from:
- 8.50pm to last service each night, Monday 30 August to Thursday 2 September
- 8.50pm to last service each night, Monday 6 September to Thursday 9 September
- Buses replace trains on the Mernda line between Clifton Hill and Mernda:
- 8.10pm to last service each night, Wednesday 1 September to Thursday 2 September
- Buses replace Pakenham trains between Dandenong and Berwick from 9.30pm to last train each night on Wednesday 1 September and Thursday 2 September, due to works.
- Buses replace trains between North Melbourne and Sunshine, Sunbury at select times between Sunday 29 August and Wednesday 8 September.Buses replace trains between:
- North Melbourne and Sunshine, 9.30pm Friday 3 September to 8.15pm Sunday 5 September
- North Melbourne and Sunbury, 8.15pm Sunday 5 September to last service Sunday 5 September
- North Melbourne and Sunshine, first service to 8.15pm each day Monday 6 September and Tuesday 7 September
- North Melbourne and Sunbury, 8.15pm to last service each night Monday 6 September and Tuesday 7 September
- North Melbourne and Sunbury, 8.25pm Wednesday 8 September to last service Wednesday 8 September
Sunbury and Upfield Line
- Sunbury and Upfield line trains run to and from Southern Cross, not to Flinders Street or via the City Loop, at select times from 9pm Friday 10 September to last train Sunday 12 September, due to infrastructure works.
- Buses replace trains between North Melbourne and Upfield stations from 8.35pm to last train on Thursday 26 August, due to infrastructure works.
- North Williamstown Station is closed from 8.30pm Monday 2 August to last service Friday 12 November to allow for project works.
- Buses replace trains between Newport and Williamstown stations from 8.30pm Friday 20 August to last service Friday 12 November, due to level crossing removal works.
Routes 3 and 3a
- Route 3 and 3a trams will not service Stop 56 Caulfield Racecourse towards Melbourne University from Wednesday 1 September 2021 until Monday 31 January 2022, due to works.