Coronavirus – COVID-19
When travelling on public transport you must wear a fitted face mask covering your nose and mouth and ensure you wear it for your entire journey.
Night Network returns
All Night Network train, tram, bus and V/Line coach services will resume the normal timetable from Friday 29 October.
Changes have been made to Night Network buses, including extending 21 busy regular routes to run to 24-hour service on weekends and introducing 13 special routes that will operate after midnight on weekends.
Alamein, Belgrave and Lilydale Lines
- Buses replace trains between Burnley, Lilydale and Alamein stations from 8.30pm Friday 12 November to last service Sunday 14 November.
Belgrave and Lilydale Lines
- Buses replace trains between Camberwell and Ringwood/Lilydale from 8.30pm to last service each night from Sunday 7 November to Wednesday 10 November.
Cranbourne and Pakenham Lines
- Buses replace trains between Caulfield and Westall stations from 8.40pm to last service each night, Sunday 31 October to Thursday 4 November.Buses replace trains between Caulfield and Westall stations from 8.40pm to last service each night, Sunday 7 November to Wednesday 10 November.Trains on the Cranbourne and Pakenham lines will only run to/from Caulfield Station from 9pm to last train each night from Monday 8 November to Thursday 11 November.
Frankston and Stony Point Lines
- Buses replace trains between Mordialloc, Frankston and Stony Point until last service Sunday 21 November as part of Edithvale, Chelsea and Bonbeach Level Crossing Removal Projects.
- During this time, Edithvale, Chelsea and Bonbeach stations will be closed.
- Buses will also be extended from Moorabbin to Frankston from 1am to last service on Sunday 14 November.
- Buses replace trains between Ringwood and Lilydale stations from 8.30pm Friday 10 September to last service Tuesday 16 November.
- Buses replace trains between Epping and Mernda stations from 8.50pm to last train each night from Monday 8 November to Thursday 11 November.
- Buses replace trains between South Yarra and Sandringham stations from 8.40pm to last train each night from Monday 8 November to Tuesday 9 November.
- Buses replace trains between Watergardens and Sunbury stations from 8.30pm Friday 5 November to last service Sunday 7 November, due to works.
- Buses replace Sunbury line trains between North Melbourne and Sunshine stations from 8.30pm to last train on Wednesday 10 November.
- North Williamstown Station is closed from 8.30pm Monday 2 August until last service Friday 10 December.
- Buses replace trains between Newport and Williamstown stations from 8.30pm Friday 20 August until last service Friday 10 December.
Routes 3 and 3a
- Route 3 and 3a trams will not service Stop 56 Caulfield Racecourse towards Melbourne University from Wednesday 1 September 2021 until Monday 31 January 2022.
Interstate V/Line Services
- Select V/Line train and coach services will be affected by updated service changes from Friday 16 July until further notice, due to state border restrictions.
Ararat, Ballarat and Maryborough Lines
- Coaches replace Ballarat Line trains for all or part of the journey at select times from Friday 12 November to Tuesday 16 November.
- Coaches replace Ararat and Maryborough line trains for all or part of the journey from Saturday 13 November to Monday 15 November.
Bairnsdale and Traralgon lines
- Coaches will replace select Traralgon and Bairnsdale trains between Southern Cross and Pakenham from the evening of Sunday 31 October to Thursday 4 November, due to Metro Tunnel Project works.