Coronavirus – COVID-19
When travelling on public transport you must wear a fitted face mask covering your nose and mouth and ensure you wear it for your entire journey.
Night Network returns
All Night Network train, tram, bus and V/Line coach services will resume the normal timetable from Friday 29 October.
Changes have been made to Night Network buses, including extending 21 busy regular routes to run to 24-hour service on weekends and introducing 13 special routes that will operate after midnight on weekends.
Alamein, Belgrave and Lilydale Lines
- Buses replace trains between Burnley and Box Hill/Alamein stations from 8.50pm to last train each night from Monday 1 November to Wednesday 3 November, while infrastructure works take place.
Belgrave and Lilydale Lines
- Buses replace trains between Camberwell and Ringwood/Lilydale from 8.30pm to last service each night from Sunday 7 November to Wednesday 10 November, while works take place.
Cranbourne and Pakenham Lines
- Buses replace Cranbourne and Pakenham trains between Westall and Cranbourne/Pakenham stations from 8.30pm Tuesday 26 October to last service Thursday 28 October.
- Cranbourne and Pakenham trains run direct to and from Flinders Street, not via the City Loop, from 9pm Friday 29 October to last train Sunday 31 October.
Cranbourne, Frankston and Pakenham Lines
- Buses replace Cranbourne, Frankston and Pakenham line trains between South Yarra and Caulfield stations from 9.30pm Friday 29 October to 3am Saturday 30 October, and from 12.30am to 3am Sunday 31 October.
Frankston and Stony Point Lines
- Buses replace trains between Mordialloc, Frankston and Stony Point until last service Sunday 21 November as part of Edithvale, Chelsea and Bonbeach Level Crossing Removal Projects.
- During this time, Edithvale, Chelsea and Bonbeach stations will be closed.
- Buses will also be extended from Moorabbin to Frankston at select times until October.
- Buses replace trains between Ringwood and Lilydale stations from 8.30pm Friday 10 September to last service Tuesday 16 November.
- Buses replace trains on the Mernda line between Epping and Mernda, 8.50pm to last service each night from Wednesday 27 October to Thursday 28 October
- Buses replace trains between Watergardens and Sunbury stations from 8.30pm Friday 5 November to last service Sunday 7 November, due to works.
- North Williamstown Station is closed from 8.30pm Monday 2 August until last service Friday 10 December.
- Buses replace trains between Newport and Williamstown stations from 8.30pm Friday 20 August until last service Friday 10 December.
Routes 3 and 3a
- Route 3 and 3a trams will not service Stop 56 Caulfield Racecourse towards Melbourne University from Wednesday 1 September 2021 until Monday 31 January 2022.
Interstate V/Line Services
- Select V/Line train and coach services will be affected by updated service changes from Friday 16 July until further notice, due to state border restrictions.
Albury and Seymour Lines
- Coaches will replace afternoon Albury line trains from Friday 1 October to Friday 29 October, to allow for the testing of more modern and comfortable VLocity trains on the Albury line.
- Coaches will replace all Albury trains for the entire journey from Tuesday 26 October to Thursday 28 October.