Coronavirus – COVID-19
Some restrictions have eased in line with Victoria’s roadmap to reopening. The Second Step of eased restrictions for metropolitan Melbourne began on Monday 28 September.
When you leave home for a permitted reason, you must use a face mask, unless you have a lawful reason for not doing so. Please ensure you wear this for your entire journey and practise good hygiene. If you’re unwell, stay home and get tested, even if you have the mildest of symptoms.
Major works this spring
As part of Victoria’s Big Build, major works will take place in spring to remove some of Melbourne’s most dangerous and congested level crossings, while works will also continue on the Sunbury Line Upgrade, Metro Tunnel and West Gate Tunnel Project.
There may be some disruptions to the public transport network while these major works are completed.
Belgrave and Lilydale lines
- Buses replace trains between Camberwell and Ringwood Station on the Belgrave/Lilydale line from 8.40pm to last train each night from Sunday 8 November to Wednesday 11 November, due to works.
- Buses replace trains between Blackburn and Belgrave/Lilydale stations from 8.05pm to last train on Sunday 15 November, due to works.
Hurstbridge and Mernda lines
- Buses replace trains between Parliament and Reservoir/Heidelberg from 8.15pm Friday 13 November to last train Sunday 15 November, due to works.
- Due to project works, buses replace trains between Epping and Mernda from 8.50pm to last train on Thursday 5 November
- Buses replace trains between Dandenong and Pakenham 8.30pm to last train each night from Sunday 8 November to Thursday 12 November, due to project works.
- Trains on the Sandringham Line will run direct to and from Flinders Street Station, not via the City Loop from 8am to 9pm on Saturday 7 November.
- Buses replace trains between Flagstaff/North Melbourne and Sunbury station from 8.30pm Friday 6 November to last train Monday 16 November.
- Upfield Line trains are running express through Moreland and Coburg stations while new stations are being built. A shuttle bus is operating between Brunswick and Batman stations to connect passengers to train services.
- Buses replace trains between Laverton and Newport from 8.30pm Sunday 8 November to last train Monday 9 November.
Werribee and Williamstown lines
- Buses replace trains between North Melbourne and Newport/Williamstown from:
- 30pm to last train on Friday 6 November
- 30pm to last train on Saturday 7 November
- 30am to 4.30am each day on Saturday 14 November and Sunday 15 November
Routes 12 and 30
Route 12 and 30 trams will experience changes to tram services from first service Monday 13 July to last service Saturday 7 November.
- Buses partially replace Route 58 trams, diverting around tram track and overhead renewal works taking place in Royal Park from 9pm to last tram each night, Sunday 1 November to Thursday 5 November.
- Buses partially replace Route 58 trams, diverting around tram track and overhead renewal works taking place in Royal Park from first service Saturday 14 November to last service Tuesday 1 December.
Victorian and New South Wales border closure
- New South Wales and South Australia have temporarily closed their borders to Victoria. If you need to enter either state for essential purposes, you need to apply for a permit or pre-approval before travelling. There are changes to public transport services at the borders.
- Coaches replace Bendigo, Echuca and Swan Hill trains for the whole journey from the evening of Friday 6 November to Saturday 21 November, due to the Metro Tunnel Project, Sunbury Line Upgrade Project and V/Line maintenance works.
- Coaches replace some trains for all or part of the journey on the Geelong and Warrnambool lines from 10pm on the evening of Friday 6 November to Sunday 8 November and from Friday 13 November to Sunday 15 November, due to works.