Coronavirus – COVID-19 Service Update
- Metropolitan Melbourne has moved to Stage 4 restrictions with stronger rules in place to limit movement.
- Changes to evening public transport services will be progressively introduced from 8pm Monday 3 August. Changes to services between 8pm and 5am may be different each night.
- A full service will continue to operate each day between 5am and 8pm.
- All Night Network services, which run after midnight on Friday and Saturday nights, will be suspended for the duration of Stage 4 restrictions.
Belgrave and Lilydale lines
- Buses replace trains between Ringwood and Lilydale from 8.50pm Friday 14 August to 1.30am Saturday 15 August, then between Blackburn and Belgrave/Lilydale stations from 3.30am Saturday 15 August to last train Sunday 16 August, due to maintenance works.
- Buses replace Frankston line trains between Mordialloc and Frankston from 9.20pm on Friday 14 August to last train on Sunday 16 August, due to project works.
- Trains run direct to and from Caulfield Station on the Frankston line from 10.19am to 6.38pm each day, Saturday 22 August and Sunday 23 August. Passengers will need to change trains at Caulfield Station for a citybound train or train to Frankston.
Glen Waverley Line
- Buses replace trains between Darling and Glen Waverley stations from 8.50pm to last train on Thursday 20 August, while project works take place.
- Buses replace evening and night Pakenham trains between Dandenong and Pakenham from:
- 30pm to last train on Thursday 13 August
- 30pm Friday 14 August to 6.45am Saturday 15 August
- 40pm Saturday 15 August to 7am Sunday 16 August
- 40pm to last train Sunday 16 August
- 30pm to last train each night, Monday 17 August to Thursday 20 August
- 30pm Friday 21 August to 6.45am Saturday 22 August
- 40pm Saturday 22 August to 7am Sunday 23 August
- 40pm to last train, Sunday 23 August
- Buses replace trains on sections of the Upfield line from Monday 27 July to Sunday 15 November due to level crossing removal works.
- Buses replace trains:
- Between Brunswick and Upfield from Monday 3 August Sunday 8 November
- Between the City (Flagstaff) and Upfield from Monday 9 November to Sunday 15 November
- Replacement buses will no longer run to connect with trains on the Craigieburn Line from Monday 10 August. Passengers travelling from the City should catch Upfield Line trains to connect with replacement services at Brunswick.
- There will also be some changes to local bus stops, car park closures and road closures in the area.
- Buses will replace trains between Laverton and Werribee from first train Friday 7 August to 7pm Thursday 13 August, due to project works.
- Buses replace evening and night trains between Newport and Werribee stations due to project works from:
- 7pm to last train Thursday 13 August
- 25pm Friday 14 August to 6.10am Saturday 15 August
- 20pm to last train Sunday 16 August
- 30pm Saturday 15 August to 6.10am Sunday 16 August
- 25pm to last train each night, Monday 17 August to Thursday 20 August
Routes 12 and 30
- Route 12 and 30 trams will experience changes to tram services from first service Monday 13 July to last service Sunday 1 November.
Routes 12 and 109
- Route 12 and 109 trams will be affected by temporary service alterations from 8pm Friday 21 August to last tram Saturday 29 August, due to tram track and overhead renewal works taking place on Victoria Street in Richmond.
Routes 19 and 58
- Route 19 and 58 trams may experience higher than usual demand from 8.30pm on Monday 27 July to last tram on Sunday 15 November, due to level crossing removal works on the Upfield line.
Victorian and New South Wales border closure
- New South Wales and South Australia have temporarily closed their borders to Victoria. If you need to enter either state for essential purposes, you need to apply for a permit or pre-approval before travelling. There will be changes to public transport services at the border.
- Coaches replace select evening Bendigo trains for the whole journey from Sunday 16 August to Tuesday 18 August, due to works.
- Trains will run at slower speeds over new infrastructure between Waurn Ponds and Warrnambool, and some services will not run between Waurn Ponds and Geelong from Wednesday 10 June to Tuesday 18 August, due to track works.