Coronavirus – COVID-19 Service Update
- Melbourne’s train, tram and bus services have been reduced from 8pm to the last service. All Night Network services, which run after midnight on Friday and Saturday nights, will not operate during Stage 4 restrictions.
- A full service will continue to operate each day between 5am and 8pm.
- Except for a limited number of exemptions, it is now compulsory for all Victorians to wear a face covering when they leave home – please ensure you wear this for your entire journey and practise good hygiene. If you’re unwell, stay home and get tested even if you have the mildest of symptomss.
- Trains run direct to and from Caulfield Station on the Frankston line from 10.19am to 6.38pm each day, Saturday 22 August and Sunday 23 August. Passengers will need to change trains at Caulfield Station for a citybound train or train to Frankston.
Glen Waverley Line
- Buses replace trains between Darling and Glen Waverley stations from 8.50pm to last train on Thursday 20 August, while project works take place.
- Buses replace trains between Epping and Mernda from 8.50pm to last train each night, Monday 24 August to Tuesday 25 August while project works take place.
- Buses replace evening and night Pakenham trains between Dandenong and Pakenham from:
- 30pm to last train on Thursday 20 August
- 30pm Friday 21 August to 6.45am Saturday 22 August
- 40pm Saturday 22 August to 7am Sunday 23 August
- 40pm to last train, Sunday 23 August
- 30pm to last train each night, Monday 24 August to Thursday 27 August
- 30pm Friday 28 August to 6.45am Saturday 29 August
- 40pm Saturday 29 August to 7am Sunday 30 August
- 40pm to last train, Sunday 30 August
- Buses replace trains on sections of the Upfield line from Monday 27 July to Sunday 15 November due to level crossing removal works.
Buses replace trains:
- Between Brunswick and Upfield from Monday 3 August Sunday 8 November
- Between the City (Flagstaff) and Upfield from Monday 9 November to Sunday 15 November
- There will also be some changes to local bus stops, car park closures and road closures in the area.
- Buses replace trains between Newport and Werribee stations due to project works from 7.25pm to last train on Thursday 20 August.
- Due to project works, buses replace trains between Newport and Werribee from:
- 45pm to 9pm each night, Monday 24 August to Wednesday 26 August
- 45pm to last train each night, Thursday 27 August to Saturday 29 August
- 45pm to 8pm each night, Sunday 30 August to Wednesday 2 September
- Works on the Werribee Line continue each day until Sunday 13 September.
Werribee and Williamstown lines
- Buses replace evening trains between North Melbourne, Werribee and Williamstown from 9pm Friday 21 August to last train Sunday 23 August, while maintenance works take place.
- Due to project works, buses replace trains between North Melbourne and Werribee/Williamstown from 9pm to last train each night, Monday 24 August to Wednesday 26 August.
- Due to project works, buses replace trains between North Melbourne and Werribee/Williamstown from 8pm to last train each night, Sunday 30 August to Wednesday 2 September
Routes 12 and 30
- Route 12 and 30 trams will experience changes to tram services from first service Monday 13 July to last service Sunday 1 November.
Routes 12 and 109
- Route 12 and 109 trams will be affected by temporary service alterations from 8pm Friday 21 August to last tram Saturday 29 August, due to tram track and overhead renewal works taking place on Victoria Street in Richmond.
Routes 19 and 58
- Route 19 and 58 trams may experience higher than usual demand from 8.30pm on Monday 27 July to last tram on Sunday 15 November, due to level crossing removal works on the Upfield line.
- Route 86 trams will not run between Stop 119 La Trobe Street/Spencer Street and Waterfront City Docklands from 8pm to last tram on Monday 24 August, due to track works on La Trobe Street.
Victorian and New South Wales border closure
- New South Wales and South Australia have temporarily closed their borders to Victoria. If you need to enter either state for essential purposes, you need to apply for a permit or pre-approval before travelling. There will be changes to public transport services at the border.