Coronavirus – COVID-19
When travelling on public transport you must wear a fitted face mask covering your nose and mouth and ensure you wear it for your entire journey.
Night Network paused
All night public transport on Fridays and Saturdays will be paused from Friday 20 August to support the 9pm to 5am curfew in metropolitan Melbourne.
This means that trains, trams, buses and V/Line night coaches will not run between 1am and 5am on Saturdays and between 1am and 6am on Sundays.
Cranbourne and Pakenham Lines
- Trains on the Cranbourne and Pakenham lines will only run to/from Caulfield Station from 9pm Friday 24 September to 8pm Sunday 26 September.
- Buses replace trains between Caulfield and Westall from 8.40pm to last service each night, Monday 27 September to Thursday 30 September.
- Buses replace trains between Flinders Street and Oakleigh from 8.30pm Saturday 2 October to 3am Sunday 3 October, and from 8.30pm to last service Sunday 3 October.
Frankston and Stony Point Lines
- Frankston Line trains will run express through Edithvale, Chelsea and Bonbeach stations which are closed until November 2021. A combined station closure and community shuttle bus will operate between Mordialloc and Carrum to allow passengers to cross the rail line and to connect to Frankston Line trains.
- Buses replace trains between Mordialloc and Frankston stations and between Frankston and Stony Point station from 8.30pm Monday 13 September to last service Sunday 31 October.
- Buses will also be extended from Moorabbin to Frankston at select times until October.
- Buses replace trains between Flinders Street and Caulfield from 1am Saturday 2 October to last service Sunday 3 October.
- Buses replace Hurstbridge line trains between Parliament and Macleod from 8.30pm Friday 1 October to last train Sunday 3 October.
- Mooroolbark station is closed from 8.30pm Friday 16 July to Sunday 24 October 2021 to allow for the construction of the new rail bridge and station. Further car park and station changes are in place until early 2022.
- Buses replace trains between Ringwood and Lilydale stations from 8.30pm Friday 10 September to last service Sunday 24 October.
- Buses replace trains on the Mernda line between:
- Epping and Mernda from 8.50pm to last service each night, Monday 20 September to Thursday 23 September
- Clifton Hill and Mernda from 8.10pm to last service each night, Sunday 26 September to Wednesday 29 September
- Buses replace trains between Parliament and Reservoir / Epping stations from 8.30pm Friday 1 October to last train Sunday 3 October.
- Buses replace trains between Newport and Werribee from 8.25pm to last train on Sunday 3 October.
- North Williamstown Station is closed from 8.30pm Monday 2 August to last service Friday 12 November.
- Buses replace trains between Newport and Williamstown stations from 8.30pm Friday 20 August to last service Friday 12 November.
Routes 3 and 3a
- Route 3 and 3a trams will not service Stop 56 Caulfield Racecourse towards Melbourne University from Wednesday 1 September 2021 until Monday 31 January 2022.
Routes 35 (City Circle), 70 and 75
- Route 35 (City Circle), 70 and 75 trams will be affected by service alterations from first to last service on Saturday 2 October.
Routes 48 and 109
- Buses replace sections of Routes 48 and 109 from Saturday 18 September to Saturday 2 October.
V/Line services disrupted
- Coaches will replace trains on some lines until further notice due to ongoing driver shortages following precautionary COVID testing and isolation.
- Disruptions are likely to continue for a number of days and passengers are advised to check disruption information before they travel.
Interstate V/Line Services
- Select V/Line train and coach services will be affected by updated service changes from Friday 16 July until further notice, due to state border restrictions.
Albury and Seymour lines
- Coaches will replace select evening trains on the Seymour Line for the entire journey from Sunday 26 September to Wednesday 29 September.
- Coaches will replace all Albury trains for the entire journey from Tuesday 28 September to Thursday 30 September.
Bairnsdale and Traralgon lines
- Select Bairnsdale and Traralgon train services to Southern Cross may experience minor delays from Friday 24 September to Sunday 26 September.