Coronavirus – COVID-19
When travelling on public transport you must wear a fitted face mask covering your nose and mouth and ensure you wear it for your entire journey.
Night Network paused
All night public transport on Fridays and Saturdays will be paused from Friday 20 August to support the 9pm to 5am curfew in metropolitan Melbourne.
This means that trains, trams, buses and V/Line night coaches will not run between 1am and 5am on Saturdays and between 1am and 6am on Sundays.
Major works this spring
As part of Victoria’s Big Build, major works will continue in September, October and November to remove 8 dangerous and congested level crossings and open 6 new stations by the end of spring. The Sunbury Line Upgrade, Metro Tunnel Project, and Regional Rail Revival projects on the Echuca, Seymour, Shepparton, Geelong and Warrnambool lines will also progress.
Our maintenance program will also be upgrading our train, tram and roads infrastructure to keep our network running smoothly now and into the future.
There will be disruptions to the public transport and road networks while these works take place. Be sure to plan ahead and allow extra time.
Cranbourne and Pakenham Lines
- Trains on the Cranbourne and Pakenham lines will only run to/from Caulfield Station from 9pm to last train each night from Tuesday 14 September to Thursday 16 September, due to works.
- Buses replace Cranbourne and Pakenham trains between Westall and Cranbourne/Pakenham stations from 8.30pm to last service each night on Wednesday 15 September and Thursday 16 September, due to works.
- Trains on the Cranbourne and Pakenham lines will only run to/from Caulfield Station from 9pm to last train each night from Sunday 19 September to Wednesday 22 September, due to works.
- Trains on the Cranbourne and Pakenham lines will only run to/from Caulfield Station from 9pm Friday 24 September to 8pm Sunday 26 September, due to works.
Frankston and Stony Point Lines
- Frankston Line trains will run express through Edithvale, Chelsea and Bonbeach stations which are closed until November 2021. A combined station closure and community shuttle bus will operate between Mordialloc and Carrum to allow passengers to cross the rail line and to connect to Frankston Line trains.
- Buses replace trains between Mordialloc and Frankston stations and between Frankston and Stony Point station from 8.30pm Monday 13 September to last service Sunday 31 October, due to works.
- Buses will also be extended from Moorabbin to Frankston at select times until October.
- Mooroolbark station is closed from 8.30pm Friday 16 July to Sunday 24 October 2021 to allow for the construction of the new rail bridge and station. Further car park and station changes are in place until early 2022.
- Buses replace trains between Ringwood and Lilydale stations from 8.30pm Friday 10 September to last service Sunday 24 October, due to level crossing removal works.
- Due to works, buses replace trains on the Mernda line between:
- Clifton Hill and Reservoir from 9pm to last service on Thursday 16 September
- Epping and Mernda from 8.50pm to last service each night, Monday 20 September to Thursday 23 September
- Clifton Hill and Mernda from 8.10pm to last service each night, Sunday 26 September to Wednesday 29 September
- Buses replace trains between North Melbourne and Upfield stations from 8.45pm to last train each night from Sunday 19 September to Wednesday 22 September, due to infrastructure works.
- Buses replace trains between Newport and Werribee from 8.25pm to last train each night, Sunday 19 September and Monday 20 September, due to infrastructure works.
- North Williamstown Station is closed from 8.30pm Monday 2 August to last service Friday 12 November to allow for project works.
- Buses replace trains between Newport and Williamstown stations from 8.30pm Friday 20 August to last service Friday 12 November, due to level crossing removal works.
Routes 3 and 3a
- Route 3 and 3a trams will not service Stop 56 Caulfield Racecourse towards Melbourne University from Wednesday 1 September 2021 until Monday 31 January 2022, due to works.
Routes 48 and 109
- Buses replace sections of Routes 48 and 109 from Saturday 18 September to Saturday 2 October, due to track renewal works along High Street in Kew.
- V/Line services disrupted.