Coronavirus – COVID-19 Service Update
- Metropolitan Melbourne has moved to Stage 4 restrictions with stronger rules in place to limit movement.
- Melbourne’s train, tram and bus services have been reduced from 8pm to the last service. All Night Network services, which run after midnight on Friday and Saturday nights, will not operate during Stage 4 restrictions.
- A full service will continue to operate each day between 5am and 8pm.
- Except for a limited number of exemptions, it is now compulsory for all Victorians to wear a face covering when they leave home – please ensure you wear this for your entire journey and practise good hygiene. If you’re unwell, stay home and get tested even if you have the mildest of symptoms.
Belgrave and Lilydale lines
- Buses replace trains between Blackburn and Belgrave/Lilydale stations from 9pm Friday 28 August to last train Sunday 30 August, due to works.
Cranbourne, Frankston and Pakenham lines
- Buses replace trains between Parliament and Caulfield stations from 8.30pm to the last train each night, Monday 31 August to Thursday 3 September, due to Metro Tunnel Project works.
Frankston and Stony Point lines
- Buses replace trains between Mordialloc and Frankston stations and between Frankston and Stony Point station from 9pm Tuesday 1 September to last train Sunday 6 September, due to project works.
- Buses replace evening trains between Epping and Mernda from 8.50pm to last train each night, Monday 31 August to Thursday 3 September, while project works take place.
- Buses replace evening and night Pakenham trains between Dandenong and Pakenham from:
- 30pm to last train on Thursday 27 August
- 30pm Friday 28 August to 6.45am Saturday 29 August
- 40pm Saturday 29 August to 7am Sunday 30 August
- 40pm to last train, Sunday 30 August
- Buses replace evening Pakenham trains between Dandenong and Pakenham from 8.30pm to last service each night, Monday 31 August to Thursday 3 September, due to project works.
- Buses replace trains between North Melbourne and Sunshine stations from 9pm to last train each night from Sunday 30 August to Wednesday 2 September, due to works.
- Buses replace trains on sections of the Upfield line from Monday 27 July to Sunday 15 November due to level crossing removal works.
- Buses replace trains:
- Between Brunswick and Upfield from Monday 3 August Sunday 8 November
- Between the City (Flagstaff) and Upfield from Monday 9 November to Sunday 15 November
- Due to project works, buses replace trains between Newport and Werribee from:
- 45pm to last train each night, Thursday 27 August to Saturday 29 August
- 45pm to 8pm each night, Sunday 30 August to Wednesday 2 September
- 45pm to last train each night, Thursday 3 September to Friday 11 September
- Works on the Werribee Line continue each day until Sunday 13 September.
Werribee and Williamstown lines
- Due to project works, buses replace trains between North Melbourne and Werribee/Williamstown from 8pm to last train each night, Sunday 30 August to Wednesday 2 September
- There are service changes on Route 11 from first tram Saturday 29 August to last tram Sunday 30 August, due to track maintenance works on Gilbert Road between Jacka Street and Oakover Road.
Routes 12 and 30
- Route 12 and 30 trams will experience changes to tram services from first service Monday 13 July to last service Sunday 1 November.
Routes 12 and 109
- Route 12 and 109 trams will be affected by temporary service alterations from 8pm Friday 21 August to last tram Saturday 29 August, due to tram track and overhead renewal works taking place on Victoria Street in Richmond.
Routes 19 and 58
- Route 19 and 58 trams may experience higher than usual demand from 8.30pm on Monday 27 July to last tram on Sunday 15 November, due to level crossing removal works on the Upfield line.
Victorian and New South Wales border closure
- New South Wales and South Australia have temporarily closed their borders to Victoria. If you need to enter either state for essential purposes, you need to apply for a permit or pre-approval before travelling. There are changes to public transport services at the borders.
- Coaches replace select evening Bendigo trains for the whole journey from Sunday 6 September to Wednesday 9 September, due to works.
Seymour and Shepparton lines
- Coaches replace select evening trains on Friday 4 September, and all weekend trains on the Seymour and Shepparton line for the whole journey on Saturday 5 September and Sunday 6 September, due to works.