Metro opens public comment period on service cuts, other actions necessary as federal funding support ends
Proposals being considered by the Metro Board to include:
- Cutting Metrorail service (longer time between trains)
- Closing Metrorail earlier
- Continuing reduced Metrobus service levels and hours
Details on the proposals are available at wmata.com/budget.
For more information on how to provide feedback see the link found HERE
- Huntington Station’s South Entrance is still closed due to escalator replacement. The North Entrance remains open. Shuttles provided.
- Due to demonstrations, buses to Silver Spring detour on 15th St NW at I St resuming route on 16th St NW at K St.
COVID-19 Service Info. & Alerts are available through the agency link found HERE